before December 15th.
Make holiday shopping a “no brainer” with a holiday gift idea flyer
- Create a page of gift ideas in a variety of price ranges: (under $20, under $50, and under $100).
(see an example from 2008).
- Distribute a flyer to each student and tuck one in every shopping bag.
- On the backside, promote an upcoming dive trip
– or a coupon such as, “spend $100 between 1-31 Dec and receive a free air fill card.”
- Add festive holiday images from clip art or google images, and you’re ready to go.
Post gift ideas online:
(website homepage, eNewsletter and your Facebook page)
- 53% of shoppers say they will use the internet to research gift ideas (source: eMarketer.com)
- Utilize the same gift suggestions you developed for the holiday flyer (described above)
Create pre-packaged holiday gift packs – make it festive by bundling in a dive-flag stocking.
- Sample package for divers: a “care and feeding” kit for their gear.
- Sample package for non-divers: a family first-aid package.
Offer a Seal Team program during the holiday break
When I was a kid, I asked for a Crystal Castle three years in a row for Christmas. When I finally got it I was thrilled. A few days later…. I was bored.
Ask your customers with kids if they’d be interested in a day-camp style kids program during the school break. Offer Seal Team Aquamissions (1-2 per day) and include a Seal Team crewpak in your course price. This gives the children something tangible to “unwrap.”
Looking for more?
Read our earlier article: 5 Ways to Prepare for the Holidays (and our 2009 holiday promo).