Divemaster candidates may now complete a significant portion of their knowledge development online. The online course mirrors the revised Divemaster material released in 2010 and is an optional substitute for these items.
Additionally, Divemaster eLearning replaces all but one of the classroom presentations. Role and Characteristics of a PADI Divemaster must be delivered live.
Divemaster eLearning may only be used in conjunction with the new Divemaster curriculum released at DEMA 2010. For more information on the new program, read our article Divemaster Program Revisions – First Look and review the 4th Quarter 2010 Training Bulletin.
Unlike PADI’s other eLearning courses, the divemaster exam is not included in the online program. The divemaster exams have been revised and divided into two parts:
- Part One – addressing aspects of supervision and leadership
- Part Two – addressing dive theory.
Students who complete Dive Theory Online may receive credit for Part Two of the exam -only. Part One of the exam must be proctored by an instructor.
Here are the required materials for a student enrolled in PADI’s Divemaster eLearning course. The student must have an instructor manual to progress through the online training.
|click to enlarge image|
- Divemaster Slates (60207)
- The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving (70034 – paper, 70833 digital)
- Divemaster application
- PADI Instructor Manual (70120)
- RDP table (60099) and eRDPML (70031) to complete the exam
- Divemaster Exam (60225 for exam 4-pack)
PADI Divemaster Online Registration and Pricing
Student cost is: View current eLearning course prices.
Divers must affiliate with a PADI Dive Center or Resort during the registration process. Independent instructors who wish to offer eLearning must pre-purchase an eLearning Gift Pass via the PADI Pro’s Site.
Preview Any eLearning Course
PADI Stores and Instructors who’ve previously purchased an eLearning Gift Pass can preview any of our eLearning courses online. Here’s how:
- Visit elearning.padi.com
- Click on User Maintenance
- Next – click on Preview Course Sections
- Choose the course you want to preview from the drop down menu