PADI eCard Fast Facts
- PADI’s new eCard is a digital diver certification card that lives on an Android, iPhone or Blackberry device accessed via the PADI app (a free download).
- The PADI eCard is proof of certification (just like a plastic card).
- The eCard is available for purchase through PADI’s website for $37US, or through a PADI Dive Center or Instructor (member cost = one online PIC credit).
- The eCard is available as a replacement card only for now.
For at least the remainder of 2012, the student’s initial certification card must be plastic. That said, the student can order eCard in 1-3 business days of the certification being submitted.
- One eCard = one certification.
For example: if a student wants their Master Scuba Diver and their Nitrox certs as eCards, the cost is either:
- $37 x 2 eCards if ordered through padi.com
- Two online PIC credits if ordered through a PADI instructor or dive center
While you personally may not be interested in an eCard, your students might. Think about how many divers you’ve certified over the years and consider the following stats:
- Nearly half of consumers in North America own a smart phone.
- 66% of US consumers age 25-24 own a smartphone.
- Slightly more than 4 in 10 Europeans own a smartphone.
- Beating them all – 50% of Britons own a smartphone.
Free eCard for renewed PADI Pro’s
PADI Professionals renewed for 2012 can receive an eCard of their highest core level. To get your eCard, download the PADI App at padi.com/mobile-apps. Use your PADI Pro website login credentials to access your eCard.
Ordering additional pro-level ecards
Additional pro-level eCards can be purchased for $27 via the My Account section of the PADI Pro’s website.
- After logging in, click My Account.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page.
- Click “Replace My Membership Cards” to get started
The pro-level eCard price is the same price as a plastic card ($27). That said, if you order a plastic replacement card and eCard at the same time, there is a combo price of $40. This is for pro-levels only.
For a Project AWARE version of your eCard(s), an additional $10 donation per card is required.
Having trouble pulling up the eCard on your smartphone?
- Try uninstalling and re-installing the PADI App
- Change your PADI Pro login credentials to eliminate any spaces or special characters
- Read our FAQ for device compatibility.
Call the membership dept of your local PADI Office.
(PADI Americas membership dept = 800 729 7234 ext. 2495, or +1 949 858 7234 ext. 2495).